So it's time for me to get things under control!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Boots, Dec 1, 2011.

1. clicker666

Older lifter

This works for a while. For me about age 42. That's when I had to buy pants that matched my age, and I'm not talking inseam.

2. 17

teenage dirtbag

With minimal time home like you have, I'd find it hard to spend time in the gym too. Especially this time of year and pretty much living at your campsite. If there's a fire, there's beer, and if there's beer, they're getting drank until they're gone

3. Mitch

Yeah working away half the year would be brutal on the body.

Is there gyms on the rigs?

4. LMAC

_

I'm at 185 i have been for the last 5-7 years

5. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

I am currently sitting at around 150. I was 230 for the longest time - then went down to the 200-210 range. I then cut out sugar/not eating anything with more than 5g of fat per serving and went down to 170-180 and stayed in that zone for a bit while trying to build muscle. Still was able to pretty much eat whatever I wanted and stay in that zone.

Went back to the "diet" and went down to 140 (way too thin). Ate like shit for two weeks and went back up to 150.

I use the 4-hour eating window (usually between 8-12 p.m.) based on the "Warrior Diet" time frame. Instant breakfast in the a.m. and nuts/berries, etc. snacks during the day. I eat like, well, a Warrior from 8-12 - I "feast", then famine until the next night pretty much. Have never felt better.

6. clicker666

Older lifter

Hit 200 even this am. Least I've weighed since 2013. I figure another 10-20 to go - although closer to 20 would be optimal and will hopefully have me where I want to be.

7. JoeLouie

I'm currently at my heaviest, at 173. All through high school, up until a few years after getting married I was no more than 150. I've noticed a bit of weight gain over the last few years, filled out a bit with some more muscle in my upper body after changing jobs, but nothing overly concerning, but it's a lot more noticeable when trying to put on a pair of work pants that I've worn in the last few years and not being able to button them up :lol:

I've really started over the last week keeping a bit more of an eye on what I eat, how much water I'm drinking, etc. I've probably drank more water in the last week than I have in the last in the last 6 months. My wife has a new Fitbit on the way, so I've taken over her old one and that has helped a bit with making sure I stay active. I'll admit I could definitely still be eating healthier, but at least now I'm a bit more conscience of what I'm eating, trying to eat more and smaller portions. I've almost completely cut Pepsi out of my diet, which is probably one of the biggest changes. Over the last 3 years I've traveled to Alberta a few times, for a month or two at a time, and living in a hotel, eating out ever day hasn't help at all. I definitely noticed it more last time I went away than before. Even when I'm home, I find it hard to eat healthy, since I'm usually eating in my work van on my way from one job to another.

My goal is 160 lbs. I stay pretty active at work, especially during the summer, so I figure with the diet change, cutting out Pepsi, getting a regular amount of sleep, and staying more active that should be doable. 33 years old, 5' 10", for anybody that cares lol.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. 17

teenage dirtbag

169 as of this morning

im pretty happy with that. but like ZERO of my clothes fit me now

9. clicker666

Older lifter

Well, tore my right hamstring and some tendons last week. I was pretty pissed because I really starting to do well. Cardio three times a week and weight loss have my blood pressure back into a healthy range - bye bye bp meds. Physique is starting to improve to a point where I'm not (terribly) embarrassed to take my shirt off when I'm jogging or working in the yard. Progress pic(s), and pic of the screwed up leg. BTW: I think these are the first IRL pics of posted of myself here lol. Yeah, I'm no underwear model, but I've come a long way for a 51 year old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boots and Nick84 like this.
  10. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

Look like you're in great shape!

clicker666 likes this.
  11. clicker666

Older lifter

Thanks Boots! Like I said, I was doing really well, then injured myself. Hoping it's not too serious and that I'm back working on my cardio and lower body by next month. Until then, it's all upper body, all the time.

12. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Good luck! I tore my calf once - muscle tears are a bitch!

clicker666 likes this.
  13. clicker666

Older lifter

The fun part is grossing everyone out at work lol. The bruise is now starting to slide down towards the calf, and fading a bit. It still hurts to put weight directly on the hamstring though. My sister had the hardest time understanding that the injury is actually ABOVE the bruise, and doesn't even show.

14. Kimvisible

♥ • ♠ ♣

My life was totally out of control.

I made a complete lifestyle change.

I quit smoking, drugs, drinking.

Haven’t touched a thing in 2017.

Cut out all negative people and things in my life.

Got a new great job.

I go to the gym 3 times a week. I got to aquafit 2 times a week.

Changed my eating habits 100%

Down 25 pounds.

I have a lonnngggg why to go.

Lots of ups and downs hitting plateau’s

But honestly, I am happier then I have been in 10 years.

I don’t plan on never drinking again. But for now im fine.

Goodson, Arod, LMAC and 4 others like this.
  15. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

Good job changing things up!

16. clicker666

Older lifter

That's a lot of commitment. Just keep in mind if you slip, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Good for you though!

17. Kimvisible

♥ • ♠ ♣

exactly.

This is why I called it a lifestyle change. because it is. Made the changed in Jan and no intentions of going back!

18. Duggan

This is awesome Kim, I said the same with drinking, done for now. That was almost 2 years ago. I also no longer need to decipher your posts, so that is probably the greatest accomplishment...

Kimvisible likes this.
  19. 17

teenage dirtbag

rc of now is a 180 of rc 10 years ago :rofl:

Boots likes this.
  20. Kimvisible

♥ • ♠ ♣

Don't get ahead of yourself.